The small 10-11" necklace most generally fits a child until 12 months. The 13" necklace may be needed for a larger child. As the child grows, check the necklace to ensure it is still the correct size. The necklace should fit loose enough around the neck so you can insert two or three fingers but you should not be able to get the necklace above the child's chin so the necklace cannot be put in his/her mouth. The amber beads MUST NOT BE PUT INTO THE MOUTH OR CHEWED.
Each bead on The Amber Monkey's necklaces is individually knotted so if the necklace does break, the beads stay intact. Customers have the option of either a screw clasp or a pull-apart clasp. Both are designed to strip and pull open at a minimum 15 lbs pull force for ten seconds to prevent choking if one tugs or pulls on it. As with all jewelry, Baltic amber should only be worn and used under direct supervision of an adult.
The 10-11" Baltic amber is the perfect size for adult anklets. So as the child outgrows the necklace, the amber can find a new home on mom's ankle.
The following are the sizes and average ages for The Amber Monkey jewelry. However, it is always best to try on the jewelry to ensure a correct fit.
- 5.5" - bracelet for up to age 2
- 7"-8" - adult bracelet
- 10"-11" - necklace for up to age 12 months or anklet for adult
- 12"-13" - necklace for 12 months to 6 years old or anklet for adult
- 14-15" - necklace for 7 years old and older - will generally be a choker for adult
- 17"-18" - adult necklace that falls close to the collar bone 21"-22" - long hanging adult necklace Be certain the amber you purchase is true certified Baltic amber rather than simply amber colored plastic beads.
The Amber Monkey has the highest grade 100% certified Baltic amber.
While this baby above is ADORABLE, the lemon bean (yellow colored) necklace is too big and therefore it is NOT safe. The Olive necklace is perfectly sized!